As a model, it's important to come prepared for a fashion show booking, especially during New York Fashion Week.
- Wear cute but loose clothing. You never want lines on your body when you arrive, but you still want to look like a model.
- Wear nude colored undergarments, ones that don't make lines under your clothing. You may be asked to wear no bra to avoid lines if you're comfortable with it.
- If it's fashion week, still bring your heels, cards, portfolio, water, and snacks. You never know when there might be a last minute casting.
- Take care of yourself. Pamper yourself the day before to look your absolute best. Get plenty of water and rest before the show, shave, lotion your arms and legs, moisturize your face, etc. You want to glow from the inside out.
- Bring a book (or ebook). There may be some waiting.
Don't have your phone out when you're having your hair and makeup done.
- Be present. Be available and present. Enjoy the pampering.
Embrace your nerves. Control your body, look fierce, rock the runway, be confident. Don't give your nervousness a second thought.
- Be grateful. You were selected for a very important part of a designer’s year. It may sound like a no-brainier, but be nice to the people around you.
- Make sure to eat. Also should be a no-brainier but also easy to forget. But models have fainted from not eating. You want to be strong and healthy for the show.
For a chance to become a model with We Speak and be a part of our seasonal runway package, apply to be a model here.